Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray renders lights only if they are selected or everything is deselected

Greetings!
    I'm sure I'm missing some hidden ninja toggle here. I'm teaching students rendering with vray for maya and in one of the student's scenes there's this strange behavior that, during IPR rendering, the lights illuminate the scene only if they're selected in the outliner, or if everything is deselected. I guess it's not a bug, because it's actually handy for quickly tweaking lights one by one, but I can't find the option to turn it off, please help me out so I don't embarrass myself

Presuming you're using the Viewport IPR, maybe the Debug Shading mode/ Selected is active (Render Settings> IPR > Viewport > Debug Shading Mode or the second icon left of the V-Ray Viewport IPR)?
    Attached Files
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Is use selected lights on?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	99
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1177359

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
        Presuming you're using the Viewport IPR, maybe the Debug Shading mode/ Selected is active (Render Settings> IPR > Viewport > Debug Shading Mode or the second icon left of the V-Ray Viewport IPR)?
        I'm not using the viewport ipr, now I tried it and it behaves normally(the debug mode is not active). My issue occurs using the VFB ipr.

P.S. By the way, is there a way to apply the camera resolution gate to the viewport ipr?

Originally posted by stezza View Post
        Is use selected lights on?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	14.1 KB ID:	1177359
        I'm not using the viewport ipr, but to answer your question "use default lighting' is on.

Comment

Originally posted by mladen_borisov View Post
          I'm not using the viewport ipr, now I tried it and it behaves normally(the debug mode is not active). My issue occurs using the VFB ipr.​
          Well, if you manage to reproduce it on a fresh scene, do attach it so we can take a look.

Originally posted by mladen_borisov View Post
          P.S. By the way, is there a way to apply the camera resolution gate to the viewport ipr?​
          At this point, no. However, we do have an improvement request logged for it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-8155). I'll add your request to it.

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X