deadline and intel denoiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadline and intel denoiser

Hello, we are using Vray 6 and deadline as the render manager. When using tile rendering with the intel/Nvidia denoiser we get visible boarders from the tiles. With Vray 5.2 the issues didn't exist !? is there any solution for this? thanks

intel denoiser / effect reuslts
    Click image for larger version

Name:	djv_wyQdxDI5xb.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	1181704
    no denoiser
    Click image for larger version

Name:	djv_11HM67z5nv.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	877.9 KB
ID:	1181705

I think for the denoiser to work it needs to operate on the whole image. I would suggest rendering it with DR instead of deadline tiles.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Set the denoiser to only generate render elements. Then render, and let your draft/jigsaw job re-assemble everything. Then run a VDenoise (standalone denoiser) job over that. The Standalone denoiser does a better job anyway, as it can use multiple frames (+/-1 frame is typically adequate), and this works with Deadline'e frame dependencies if you set it up to include adjacent frames when calculating pending frames.

Of course this method uses a lot of disk space...

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
        Set the denoiser to only generate render elements. Then render, and let your draft/jigsaw job re-assemble everything. Then run a VDenoise (standalone denoiser) job over that. The Standalone denoiser does a better job anyway, as it can use multiple frames (+/-1 frame is typically adequate), and this works with Deadline'e frame dependencies if you set it up to include adjacent frames when calculating pending frames.

Of course this method uses a lot of disk space...
        It can also easily double your overall render times.

Comment

Originally posted by SonyBoy View Post

How so? I have never seen that. I guess if your frames render fast and your denoise takes a while because you have big frames, or lots of layers/render elements?

Is vdenoise slower than using the Intel denoiser? I prefer to use no denoiser at all if the render times work.

Comment

Originally posted by SonyBoy View Post

The standalone denoiser is as fast as the build in denoiser
            3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
            www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
            @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hey, this might be a solution for stills. But with Vray 5.2 it worked fine. Standalone Denoiser might be the solution now

Comment

Standalone denoiser is best for animations, as it can take into account the adjacent frames. It is also good if you might want to tweak the denoising amount after the render (of course you can also keep the un-denoised data and blend that).

It can be a pain to deal with, though, and if your per frame render time is fast then the additional overhead of another denoising pass could add significantly to the overall render time. We have a few nodes with some older (1080/2080 generation) GPUs that are just used for the denoising and I/O tasks, and using Deadline frame dependencies they can be processed in parallel as the render progresses.

Comment

Working...
                X