IPR Crashing (Again).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Crashing (Again).

This seems to be a never-ending problem that I have with IPR rendering with Vray 5 and Maya. Currently running the latest 'stable' release "vray_adv_52003_maya2023_x64_32114_install" and Nvidia Game Ready Driver 531.41 (as recommended by this page: https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu).

When I start an IPR render, more often than not it'll start it's loading process, then usually around the time I see 'loading textures' in the little info panel, the renderer and Maya hang up and disappear.

It'll be completely random, I may have already had render working then it'll bug out and vanish. For example, I had a render going with IPR just now. I stopped the render, changed nothing and restarted it and it made Maya disappear.

I may open a scene that worked perfectly when I closed it and IPR will hang a crash Maya when I open it again. I've found that optimising my maya scene via the File menu can help it render when it didn't before, even if the only thing it deletes are a random shader or two.

My scenes aren't particularly complicated ones as I mainly do static product renders.

I'm losing my patience with this software, these crashes cost me time and cause me so much stress. Please Chaos, fix the stability of it.

Hi,

Are you using distributed rendering ? Since I'm using "ignore in IPR", it's more stable. But I'm using Vray 6.
    I had these issues constantly, so I can definitely understand your pain. IPR is sadly not much usable on Maya, especially when scenes get heavy. It must be very good with small scenes like studio shots, small exteriors.
    www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you send one of the scenes with crashes so I can test them? You can do that here or trough the support contact form. If you choose the contact form please add my name and a link to this thread in your e-mail.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        Hi, thanks for posting. Could you send one of the scenes with crashes so I can test them? You can do that here or trough the support contact form. If you choose the contact form please add my name and a link to this thread in your e-mail.
        Thank you for your reply. I've just uploaded the scene and a video of the crash happening via the support form.

Comment

Originally posted by waaazoo View Post
          Hi,

Are you using distributed rendering ? Since I'm using "ignore in IPR", it's more stable. But I'm using Vray 6.
          I had these issues constantly, so I can definitely understand your pain. IPR is sadly not much usable on Maya, especially when scenes get heavy. It must be very good with small scenes like studio shots, small exteriors.
          Not using DR here, just the one PC with a couple of cards in it.

Comment

Working...
          X