Clear All

• Vray Material Thumbnail Doesnt work

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	115
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1186275

Hi i Vray Materials doesnt show Thumbnail and it makes me maya freezing
    If i turn off renderThumbnailUpdate then the freezing is gone but still the problem is cannot see thumbnail

So i tried reinstall, clean uninstall then install but both didnt worked
    I found the log from uninstall​ it said "unregistering chaos thumbnail handler"
    I think this one is the problem

How can i fix it?
    Also other materials from Arnolds and default materials doesnt make problems
    Attached Files

Any errors/warnings in the log when you're in Maya?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

we have the same problem or even worser: After installing Maya 2024.1 and the official build version from V-Ray 6.1, Maya freezes when we open up the Hypershade and create a VRayMtl. Neither in the Hypershade nor in the AE a thumbnail is shown.

Another note: When starting Maya 2024.1 the splash screen stops for around 45 s for loading the V-Ray plugin.

Using the lasted NVIDIA driver 536.99. Using 536.40 doesn't work either. Perhaps downgrading to 528.49 helps? But there are some serious security bugs in the older version.

We will try to deinstall Maya + V-Ray and install again.

Lars

Comment

What a stupid mistake from our side: After holiday time the license server was not running. And as there was no hint that the no license can be found, we thought that surely MS has broke something

Now everything works fine, even with NVIDIA 536.40.

Comment

Working...
        X