Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shader overrides for proxies don't work

Hello

I'm trying to override all shaders for a proxy and I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all wildscards: *, Object/*, or for instance *Blue* but none have an effect.

Please see the attached

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubes_Proxy_ShaderOverride01.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	362.3 KB
ID:	1189732

For shader overrides and .vrmeshes, you should write the name of the shader you wish to be overridden. In your case - either Blue_MTL, Red_MTL or Green_MTL. Check examples here for more info.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      For shader overrides and .vrmeshes, you should write the name of the shader you wish to be overridden. In your case - either Blue_MTL, Red_MTL or Green_MTL. Check examples here for more info.
      Thank you for the reply, but I tried that and that doesn't work either. The Override_MTL shader is grey btw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubes_Proxy_ShaderOverride02.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	1189755

Comment

In addition, overriding all shaders with a (*) should be possible according to your guide according to your documentation. I have hundreds of shaders in one proxy (an entire city block) and it would take so much time overring each one of them explicitly.

Comment

It doesn't work because you already have an override set for each material. Go to each material and delete the Current Override (which are the shaders you've originally set reapplied on proxy export) located about the marked area of your screencap.

Comment

It doesn't work because you already have an override set for each material. Go to each material and delete the Current Override (which are the shaders you've originally set reapplied on proxy export) located about the marked area of your screencap.
            Ok. So there isn't an option to override all the shaders at once... I first have to unlink all the shaders in "Current overrides". right?

To me it seams to be not an ideal way to do it. If I want to relink the "old" shaders I have to it manually for each shader which could take some time when there is hundreds of shaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Ok. So there isn't an option to override all the shaders at once... I first have to unlink all the shaders in "Current overrides". right?
              To me it seams to be not an ideal way to do it. If I want to relink the "old" shaders I have to it manually for each shader which could take some time when there is hundreds of shaders.
              They are automatically relinked if the "Automatically create proxies" option is checked. If you load the proxy again, it should be without overrides.

Comment

Working...
              X