Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material override not working with VRay proxys

Hi

Im not sure if this is a known issue or not but I could not find anything about it so I'll submit here.

When adding VRay proxys to a renderlayer and add a material override to that layer/collection, VRay proxys ignores the override. I am not sure if its a bug or simply a feature that does not exist.

We are currently using the following:
    VRay v6.10.00 from May 15 2023
    Maya 2023
    Windows 10 Pro

I have submitted a ticket as well where I included an archived scene with a test scene that showcases the issue.

Best regards
    /Rickard

Works fine for me. Check if the proxy already has a material override in its settings.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It has no material override in its settings.

Small correction to the original post though. The proxy is reading a vrmesh, not an alembic.

Comment

Try adding a Shader override instead of a Material override.

Comment

Same result unfortunately . However, you can override it manually in the node editor. But that's a very destructive workflow and I would really like to avoid it.

Comment

Could you attach a simple scene where the issue is present so we can troubleshoot?

Comment

I have already submitted a ticket and attached a scene where I showcase the issue and linked this forum thread in the ticket. But I will attach the same scene to this post in case you don't have access to the first ticket.

Thanks Aleksander!

Attached Files

Comment

The proxy does have a material override already set. Go to the proxy > object hierarchy and scroll down to the "bulpPlant_A_shd". Click on it and remove the override from the menu below. We already know this may be tedious, so we've logged an improvement request (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11288 ) for its improvement. I'll bump its priority.

Comment

Thanks a lot Aleksander!

Comment

Working...
                  X