XGEN not animated in render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGEN not animated in render

Hey guys, I'm stuck here, I have animation, I see it in the playblast, all good, I see the animation when I pick random frames on the timeline, but when rendering, the hair is totally static, no animation, please help!

here's a frame, what I see on the viewport ( you can see the simulation ) and same frame rendered ( matte for visibility ) all stiff

*I have already tried... exporting patches for batch render and export vrscene cache and still nothing

Attached Files
    Last edited by jamesvfx; 28-09-2023, 11:39 PM.

Hi, thanks for posting. What engine are you using - V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Are you by chance using animation archives? We seem to have an open issue about XGEN and animation archives that render static.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I'm using Vray CPU, what do you mean with animation archives? I did a quick test on the same file using Arnold and it did render the animation with no problem, I've tried lots of things, all my set up is in Vray and honestly can't afford to move all my pipeline to Arnold at this point of the production
      for Animation I imported the animated almebic guides, I've tried 2 different shots, and same thing, static hair.

Comment

Hi, could you send us a simplified version of your scene with the issue for review? You can send it here or trough the support contact form. If you choose the contact form please add a link to this thread in your message.

Comment

Sure thing right now i'm out in production and will come back to it next Sunday, I would be so greatful if you can help me solve this and keep using Vray! i'll send this over in a few more days.

Comment

Zdravko Keremidchiev has been with me on support, but with no luck, I sent him the scene and it has been crashing for him, it never crashes on my end though. you mention some other people have face this issue, what was their soultion/s?

Comment

I have the same issue when rendering xgen fur on animated objects. It stays static.

Comment

Hi, doppelgaengerdigital
                Could you archive your scene and send it to support for review?

Comment

Hi vladimir_krastev!
                  Thanks for the quick response. I think it was a user error. I tried with arnold and it was the same.

I reimported the referenced file and reworked the animation, while constantly testing, if something is not working.

everything was working as expected.
                  All good now!

Comment

Working...
                  X