Framebuffer lag new to Vray6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framebuffer lag new to Vray6

Can't find this problem anywhere but please excuse if I'm duplicating.
    Maya 2023. Pro hardware.
    Just updated to Vray6.

Everything I've rendered since installing Vray6 is super super laggy when zooming/panning in framebuffer, prettymuch unusable.
    What's extra weird though, is if I load up an older 8k image with 20 render elements produced in Vray5, it zooms and pans silky smooth (as it always has). But *anything* I render now in Vray6, in that exact same framebuffer, lags. 4k image, empty scene, no lights, RGB only, badly lags on zoom.

Additionally (and I feel related?), trying to change selections during IPR has become nearly impossible - 30 second wait if it works at all. I'm a 10+year user who normally muddles through things but wouldn't call myself expert, I don't code or anything. I think this might be the first time I've ever hit a problem I can't figure out, though.

This is only with latest vray6 install. I've just gone back to 5 and the problem isn't there.

Could you send us a sample scene (or attach here) where the difference between V-Ray 5 and 6 is clearly evident?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Sorry I was tied up rendering till now. I've reinstalled vray6 and phoenix, and (unfortunately?!) can't repeat the issue! So it's fixed, but I don't know why. It was the same latest vray version both times. Best I can do is send you Vray5 and Vray6 VRIMG examples, if that helps? Let me know.

Now that I've reinstalled Vray6 again, though, it looks like old displacements get broken.
      So, loading up a Vray5 scene into Vray 6, this error comes up for anything that was previously displaced:

Error: file: C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/Maya 2023 for x64/maya_vray/./scripts/vrayAEFunctions.mel line 668: No object matches name: vrayDisplacement.vrayDisplacementMinValue

and you can nolonger load displacement control into an existing (or duplicated) shape node.
      but you CAN load it into a newly created shape node. I've submitted a ticket and attached the maya scene file for that.

Comment

Okay. It seems the "Displacement Control" attribute UI does not transfer correctly from V-Ray 5 to V-Ray 6, however, it should work as expected. The displacement control parameters are still there, in the Extra Attributes rollout. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-12454) for developer investigation.

Comment

cool thanks. Yes a UI thing. It still renders the same, I just can't change the values (and once removed, obviously can't add it again so my displacements go crazy).

Comment

Originally posted by jimjimanyjimjim View Post
            I just can't change the values
            Just tested this. You can change the values, but only through parameters in the Extra Attributes.

Comment

Working...
            X