Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering 360 sphericals with AI Denoiser

Hi folks.
    AI Denoiser is a great addition but unfortunately we cant use it for our 6K 360 renders.
    When mapped to the sphere (in 3DVista) there is a join where left and right sides of the render join together.

We tried turning off AI once rendered and simply render region the edges but you still get a difference.
    Dont know if this can be fixed?

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you having this issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2023-10-25_15-24-22.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1193827

If you are then there is a checker added to the denoiser for panorama rendering - docs page about that
    It doesn't seem to work with NVIDIA AI Denoiser though. I will check if we can do something about this.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir, yes thats the issue. Would be fab to use the AI Denoiser though!
      Thanks for the link and look forward to seeing if there is anything that can be done.

Comment

Hi, actually it is implemented in V-Ray Denoiser for 3ds Max (shown in my previous post) and the V-Ray Standalone Denoiser Tool -
        Click image for larger version

Name:	vdenoise_2023-10-25_15-41-14.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1193830

We have an open issue for this checker to be implemented in Maya's user interface as well. This is the VMAYA-9901 in our bug tracking system

I will check what's the deal for the NVIDIA AI Denoiser and get back to you.

Comment

Also that Panorama setting seems only for Max version, right?

Comment

Just read your previous thread. Thanks

Comment

Hi, the upgrade for rendering panoramas without the mentioned artefact with Intel/NVIDIA denoiser has to be done by the creators of these denoisers. We only implement them in V-Ray.

Comment

Hi Vladimir, many thanks for looking into that, I will try and mention it on Nvidia forums. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X