Urgent help needed with fog artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed with fog artifacts

​Hello. I need urgent help with artifacts in fog. Flickering squares appear in the render when I render with fog

Here's a screenshot. Anybody know the cause?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fog_artifacts02.png
Views:	92
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	1193834 Click image for larger version

Name:	fog_settings01.png
Views:	93
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1193835
    Attached Files

I just found out that it's not only with fog but also without

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Could you send us the scene for review? This can be done here or trough the support contact form. Please include a link to this thread in case you choose the contact form.
      Are you using distributed rendering? Is this the only scene that you have with this issue? Have you tried to reset your render settings to default? Please try that and let us know how it goes.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I'm not allowed to share the scene unfortunatly. But here are some details

CPU (no problem on GPU)
        I've reset render settings
        Problem in Maya 2024.1 and 2023.3

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
          Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Could you send us the scene for review? This can be done here or trough the support contact form. Please include a link to this thread in case you choose the contact form.
          Are you using distributed rendering? Is this the only scene that you have with this issue? Have you tried to reset your render settings to default? Please try that and let us know how it goes.
          Okay, I'm have shared the scene now through support. #168185

Comment

Hi,
            I just found out that it's not only with fog but also without
            There is something in the scene. Without reviewing it we can not help much. Please send the scene to support. Your scene will be kept in a isolated drive, strictly confidential and used only for troubleshooting purposes. If you can not send it then open a ticket so we can possibly meet for a team viewer session and try troubleshooting directly on your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
              Hi,

There is something in the scene. Without reviewing it we can not help much. Please send the scene to support. Your scene will be kept in a isolated drive, strictly confidential and used only for troubleshooting purposes. If you can not send it then open a ticket so we can possibly meet for a team viewer session and try troubleshooting directly on your computer.
              I DID send it through support. I quoted the ticket number...

Comment

I DID send it through support. I quoted the ticket number...
                You had sent a message while I was writing my post, I saw it too late and this is why we got this doubling of messages.

After reviewing the scene we found out that the VRayEnvironmentFog and adaptive lights do not work together very well in this specific example. To workaround the artefacts, lights evaluation has to be switched to "full evaluation".
                The issue is reported under VMAYA-12486 in our bug tracking system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_2023-10-27_17-59-31.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1194462

Comment

Working...
                X