Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Light Texture in Viewport is inaccurate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Light Texture in Viewport is inaccurate?

Hey All,

Trying to determine if this is a VRay or Maya issue. The light texture preview doesn't appear to be accurate.
    I first tried using a file and then repeating the U value but it maps 1:1
    I then tried using a VRay softbox texture but it appears as solid white, and has 10 second long load times, for no results.

Any tips for better previewing the end result? I'm trying to the eliminate the guesswork in my reflections.

Thanks for any ideas!
    Attached Files

yep I had this issues before too. I had to viewport render my light to see how it was reacting before I could use it. Often what I do when bugs like this occur, is have a second version of Maya open, and test render assets like lights or whatever in that scene on their own. Get it setup how I want, then copy / paste it into my shot. Saves me having to deal with bugs and hacks in my shot.
    Website
    https://mangobeard.com/
    Behance
    https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick_Coan View Post
      I first tried using a file and then repeating the U value but it maps 1:1
      Yes, it seems the tiling is not considered for the preview.

Originally posted by Patrick_Coan View Post
      I then tried using a VRay softbox texture but it appears as solid white, and has 10 second long load times, for no results.

Any tips for better previewing the end result? I'm trying to the eliminate the guesswork in my reflections.
      I presume this happens because of the re-rendering of both the viewport and the VRaySoftbox texture itself on each parameter change. I'll investigate further.

For now, what seems like an adequate workaround is to either use a regular V Ramp.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

FYI, we've logged the issues for the tiling (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-12554) and slowdown - (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-12555). We'll log the VRaySoftbox preview one, too.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X