Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaterialX:fileprefix

Hello,
    I am reaching out to inquire about the implementation of MaterialX in V-RAY for Maya, as I have encountered an issue I would like to address.

Upon importing the sample MaterialX files available on Git, I noticed that texture references are not resolving correctly.
    I suspect this might be due to an issue with recognizing the fileprefix. Will this be addressed in future updates?
    Additionally, when using relative paths, could you please advise on the appropriate reference point?

MaterialX file reference: Link
    Application Version
    - vray for maya:6.20.00
    - Maya:2023.3

Thank you.

Originally posted by takahashi_masaki View Post
    Upon importing the sample MaterialX files available on Git, I noticed that texture references are not resolving correctly.
    From what I've tested, the texture references need to be in the same folder as the .mtlx file to be loaded correctly. I'll continue testing to see if we can do something more about this.

Originally posted by takahashi_masaki View Post
    Additionally, when using relative paths, could you please advise on the appropriate reference point?
    The Autodesk forums has many discussions about this. Most of them seem to end up using the Maya project file system.

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X