Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributed rendering animation problem

Hi!
    We are using VRay for Maya quite a bit now and really like it! It almost never crashes and is very fast. But we have a problem when we render an animation in distributed render mode. The first frame is rendered by all the slaves, that works perfect, but when it jumps to the next frame, all the slaves stop to render and only the one computer continues for himself (the other ones say that they are waiting for the next render job). This also happens when we render with batch rendering. How can we avoid that? Or is that a common problem?

Is it possible to use the Backburner with VRay? I do not see it on the Renderoptions.

Thanks a lot,
    Michael from Munich, Germany

Originally posted by Michi3d View Post
    Hi!
    We are using VRay for Maya quite a bit now and really like it! It almost never crashes and is very fast. But we have a problem when we render an animation in distributed render mode. The first frame is rendered by all the slaves, that works perfect, but when it jumps to the next frame, all the slaves stop to render and only the one computer continues for himself (the other ones say that they are waiting for the next render job). This also happens when we render with batch rendering. How can we avoid that? Or is that a common problem?

Is it possible to use the Backburner with VRay? I do not see it on the Renderoptions.

Thanks a lot,
    Michael from Munich, Germany
    Well I am not exactly sure, but I would not use DR for animation to start with. You will be more efficient using a traditional renderfarm method of having each computer render a frame.

Comment

last I remember vray could not render animation from maya DR.
      But it could always render animation and DR from standalone if you have that option you can explore it.
      Vray for maya does not work with backburner since backburner is strictly 3ds max oriented, though this may change in the future.
      You might want to explore other render managers for maya such as rush, deadline, muster...anything that can run a maya batch command will work.
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Well Maya 2010 has backburner integrated. It will issue "Render" commands to do its job. The list of renderers in the UI is hard-coded in Maya's scripts, but you can always choose "from the scene file" as the Renderer and select V-Ray as the current renderer. Unfortunately we had a bug in out initial release, so the backburner jobs would always render only the first frame or something like that, I can't remember. Anyway, it is fixed for the first service pack, so you should be able to use V-Ray and backburner after it comes out.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

thanks...

Hey everybody,
          thanks for all these quick and great replies. This will help me a lot!

Greetings,
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X