Materials issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials issue

I have a scene with a multitude of duplicated objects with the same / similar UV maps, and I keep getting the "Error: Object not found" error when I select any object with a Vray Mtl. This has happened in the past too and while not an issue when rendering, it leaves me unable to edit the Hardware texturing options. Instead of the normal three dropdown lists, there's only one (Textured Channel) which has no options except "None". So I'm stuck with navigating with blurry low-res textures in my scene... I'm on a Mac, and I haven't tried the scene in Windows.

I also keep getting this error when creating new Materials:
    setAttr file1.filterType 1;
    // Error: AEhardwareTextureMaterialChangedCB Malingsspann.diffuseColor Malingsspann.message; //
    // Error: Wrong number of arguments on call to AEhardwareTextureMaterialChangedCB. //

Could it be an issue of shared nodes that are not properly connected or?

The complete scene is here:
    http://www.hellobard.com/vraymaya/ObjectNotFound.zip

Thanks...
    Last edited by hellobard; 08-10-2009, 07:13 AM.
    /Bard
    www.hellobard.com
    Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

We use the Maya code for this, the same thing will happen with the Maya materials. I think Maya's hardware rendering scripts are not working very well when you have meshes with the same name that are not actually instances but different meshes. Just rename them so they have different names and restart Maya since the scripts use some global callbacks that won't be cleared if you just reload the scene, the hardware texturing options should be working after that.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

That sounds very logical. I'll rename the lot and see if it helps. Thanks Vladimir!
      /Bard
      www.hellobard.com
      Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Yes a very annoying problem that has existed with Maya since the dawn of time. Please log a bug with Autodesk so we can hopefully get it fixed one day.

Help > Report A Problem...
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

Any object with a non-unique name is trouble. I find that the Duplicate Special option box is a life saver - within that you can check 'Assign unique name to child nodes.'

I also find various renaming utils (zoo, comet) to be very handy, especially the rename with a name and increment, but now that I think of it I'm not sure if there's anything that goes through your scene and either alerts you to naming duplicates or fixes them altogether, like poly cleanup or something to that effect. OK found a few possible things on creativecrash (MYamRenamer, performDuplicate). Ahh, wait - this looks like something that could work too - ReportDuplicateNameNodes.

Comment

Working...
          X