vray subD across multiple objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray subD across multiple objects

If I want to globally assign 1000 objects to be rendered as subD, how do I do that? As of now, it seems I have to:

1. select individual objects to apply the subD attribs or...
    2. write my own script to iterate through objects in the scene, and apply the proper attribs.

Andrew Weidenhammer
    The Lab

You can also select them, hit the 3 key for viewport subdivision, then go to
    Render Settings -> VRay -> Global Options and check "Render viewport subdivision". And you can control their subdivision attributes from "Render settings" -> Settings -> "Default displacement and subdivision". You probably need Maya 2009 for the viewport subdivision attributes to be present, I am not sure.

We'll probably add something similar to the VRayObjectProperties that can be connected to whole groups of objects, so you can control their subdivision and NURBS attributes from one place. But I am not sure when this'll happen.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

While this is functional in general... subD's treat textures differently than the maya viewport smoothing or Maya meshsmooth. Unfortunately, when vray treats the geo as subD, the textures are warped. I don't have experience with subD's so maybe there is a setting we need to change, and manually convert our polys to subD before render with some additional options. But as of now, we are forced to apply old-school smooth nodes, with texture smoothing to keep the textures from warping. Any thoughts to fix texture stretching when treated as a subD by vray?

Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X