Bucket Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket Mode

Bucket mode (irradiance map) will make Maya to crash.

Maya2008
    Vista64

Seems to work fine for me with the latest builds... which version are you using?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vray_adv_15000_maya2008_x64

Comment

Ah, ok. I remember fixing something in that regard for the latest builds.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Looking forward to the next build.
          About distributed rendering, our computers have different speeds (8core verses 2core)
          When the rendering is ending the slowest machines is the last to finish, and the rest of the machines is idle, so there is no point to use the slower ones.
          Would it be possible to restart the last buckets with the faster cpu:s and overriding the slower ones?

Comment

You can try using a smaller bucket size, this will distribute the workload better.
            The bucket size is set from Render Settings -> Settings -> Render region division. Try setting the X value to 16 for example.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

If I set the render region to 16 i will get artifacts in the images(different light in the buckets) I think it has some thing to do with the irradiance map look up being larger than the bucket size.

Comment

Why don't you just use single frame irradiance map, rather than bucket mode? It is also calculated in a distributed way.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X