Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Lighting through glass help

Hi,

I have a scene that I am rendering out right now. I am having some trouble with the GI or Light settings. I basically have a red light light, a piece of glass on top of it, and then GI turned on to have the red light scatter out from the glass (picture below) In my render I am getting these little 1 pixel red dots from this light all over the other reflective models (ie the metal bars in the background).

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction on what setting would get rid of these. I tried increasing the overall subdiv multiplyer to 4, but that did not effect the dots.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	renderDots.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	872280
    Robert Vignone
    www.robertvignone.com
    Win 8 64 | I7 3770K | 32 GB DDR3 | Quadro 6000 6GB
    Maya 2013 | Vray 2.0

Had a few hours to mess with this tonight. Turning on Subpixel Mapping seemed to get rid of the spots. Is there any case where you wouldn't want to turn on Subpixel mapping?
    Robert Vignone
    www.robertvignone.com
    Maya 2013 | Vray 2.0

Comment

You could also try to turn on the clamping in the globals and set it to a value like 5 or even less, if you use an HDR for the GI.

Comment

Or turn on "Affect Shadows" in the material

Comment

Thanks! Yeah the Supixel mapping helped a lot. It got rid of the super bright ones. However, I do have a lot of little red specks left. Will try out those techniques tonight. BTW anyone ever have trouble with the VFB not opening all the way? It opens, but then basically disappears and keeps rendering.
          Robert Vignone
          www.robertvignone.com
          Maya 2013 | Vray 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by irobert View Post
            BTW anyone ever have trouble with the VFB not opening all the way? It opens, but then basically disappears and keeps rendering.
            Which OS is this? On Mac OS X, it somes goes behind the main Maya window.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I had that problem a couple releases ago. When I had my material editor open the VFB wouldn't show.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Windows 7 x64 pro. Ill have to do a couple test. I *think* the VFB will be only a taskbar/minimized when the GI is turned on and if "Show samples/Show calc phase" is checked off.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                Which OS is this? On Mac OS X, it somes goes behind the main Maya window.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Robert Vignone
                www.robertvignone.com
                Maya 2013 | Vray 2.0

Comment

Working...
                X