Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayMayaSpawner 2010/2011

Hi all,

I noticed, that with the same Vray Build on our farm running, on some machines the service VraySpawner2010 and on others VrayMayaSpawner2011 is running.

The problem is, that with DR in the viewport, some geometry is not rendered by the clients with 2010 running.

If I then launch the render slave manually on that machine, everything works fine...

Is there any workaround????

Thanks

Dominik
    Dominik Markota | Head of CGI | Senior Shading & Lighting TD @ Serviceplan MAKE

It would be odd as the spawners for Maya 2011 and 2010 are the same (the Maya version does not matter for V-Ray Standalone anyways). Is the missing geometry proxy objects?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No, the service for a installed vray for maya 2011 is called VrayMayaSpawner2010 on some machines - with no other vray for no other versions installed.... (??)
      This also confuses my royalrender script for automated updating on the farm, because the services have different names across the machines...

No proxy objects.

Thanks

Dominik

Comment

Are you sure all the machines have the same V-Ray build installed? The correct name should be "VRayMayaSpawner 2011".

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I will crosscheck it.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

so I did the following:

I cleaned up the whole farm and installed a fresh vraya for maya 2011 build.
            I uninstalled previous version for maya 2010.

I always restarted the machines after any changes.

I registered vray render slave as a service.

The service names are Vray Maya Spawner 2010 (the target is vraymayaspawner2011.exe)
            So why do they have that 2010 name?

I did a render and as you can see, all the slaves didn't render the leaves....

So, if I start the render slaves manually on every machine, everything works fine -

I am totally confused...

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Dominik

Edit: Is there a kind of transparency issue??
            Attached Files

Comment

First happy new year to everyone!

Anything new to my problem?

Comment

I think there is a problem during the compilation and maya 2011 build uses improperly some files from maya 2010 build. Will check this out.
                V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Yippieh! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X