// Error: More than one object matches name: vrayEnvironmentPreview //

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• // Error: More than one object matches name: vrayEnvironmentPreview //

I have a maya scene and I keep getting this error message in the scene.

Not sure how to resolve it. It does not seem to be causing any major problems but would like to know how what it means and how to resolve it.

One issue I do have with the scene though (not sure if related) is when trying to batch render via command line (mayabatch) eg Render -r vray scenename.mb

is that the file will not render. It reads the scene ("File read in x seconds") but then it just says Error saving temporary file scenename.ma

It means if I have multiple scenes I want to render over night I can't as I am forced with having to render from within maya.

It only appears to be a problem with scenes on this project. On a previous project I had no such problems.

(I can render to vray standalone no problem, but I did not have time to translate all the render layers for each scene to vrscene files at that time)

Many thanks,

Rich

Thanks for the pointer; will look into it, but is it possible to get us such a scene to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckie7413 View Post
      One issue I do have with the scene though (not sure if related) is when trying to batch render via command line (mayabatch) eg Render -r vray scenename.mb

is that the file will not render. It reads the scene ("File read in x seconds") but then it just says Error saving temporary file scenename.ma

It means if I have multiple scenes I want to render over night I can't as I am forced with having to render from within maya.

It only appears to be a problem with scenes on this project. On a previous project I had no such problems.

(I can render to vray standalone no problem, but I did not have time to translate all the render layers for each scene to vrscene files at that time)
      I found out that the problem was with my maya preferences. I just deleted them and let it create new default ones and all scenes now render fine via maya batch.

Do you still want a scene that gives the // Error: More than one object matches name: vrayEnvironmentPreview // error?

Cheers,

Rich

Comment

Yes, please - a scene is always welcome

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X