Filter maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter maps

We are getting odd effects with filter maps on in the nightly release 17-Jan-2011 10:52.
    is this a bug?

Are there any subdivision surfaces involved? Can you get me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the scene; this should be resolved for the next night build tomorrow (since revision 13952). Just for the record, the problem was in the particular form of the quads forming the clock face - they are actually triangles where on vertex lines on the line between the other two. This confused V-Ray when it tried to calculate texture derivatives.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Hi,

The rendering artifacts I am getting are similar to this picture of the clocks. Do you have any advice for a workaround? If I turn "filter maps" off in Render Globals, or turn off texture filtering in the material's file texture, it works okay.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Thanks for the scene; this should be resolved for the next night build tomorrow (since revision 13952). Just for the record, the problem was in the particular form of the quads forming the clock face - they are actually triangles where on vertex lines on the line between the other two. This confused V-Ray when it tried to calculate texture derivatives.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

If you can get me a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com I will be able to tell you more.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Working...
          X