Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BUG] Commandline option "-region" screws up filmOffset settings inside the vrscene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BUG] Commandline option "-region" screws up filmOffset settings inside the vrscene

Hey Guys,

i have attached a vrscene which does not render correct when using the -region commandline option. I have used the filmOffset parameters for my camera inside maya.

filmOffsetAndRenderRegion_camera1_layer1.zip

It renders the way it should when using:
    -region="none"
    but it fails when using e.g.:
    -region="500;300;1000;600"

I think this is a Bug...

cheers
    Oli
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Can someone please increase the priority of this bug...right now we need to rely heavily on the filmoffset and also on using the renderregion...if we don't use renderregion we spent a lot of time on rendering invisible stuff which increases rendertime dramatically...we speak about "times 10" rendertimes when not using this...

can someone please help me out?!?!?

cheers
    Oliver

Comment

I believe the only thing the film offset does is to modify the rendered region for V-Ray. Since you are then manually overriding this region it is expected that you'll get different results. Nothing much to do on our end about this - you will have to adjust the -region option to take into account the film offsets.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

In my current case i am using the camerascale as well and i have no idea on how to scale the rendered image using command line options...

I am zooming in and then shift the camera...this settings should be taken from the vrscene...i then only want to choose a specific part to be rendered using the region flag...i hope there is still some way you can modify the way the region flag will take the vrscene settings into account, cause we really would need that feature.

Thx in advance
        Oli

Comment

Working...
        X