Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: The renderer vray is not registered yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: The renderer vray is not registered yet.

Error: The renderer vray is not registered yet.

I am getting this error when trying to render through our farm. Everything was working fine for a few weeks. I recently started using the nightly builds. Rendering locally is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

edit: oops I meant to post this in the problems forum

this probably isn't it because you had it working before but can every machine read a pluginPrefs.mel that loads vray?

like this:
    //Maya Preference 2011 (Release 1)
    //
    //
    evalDeferred("autoLoadPlugin(\"\", \"vrayformaya\", \"vrayformaya\")");
    showreel: http://vimeo.com/27236919

Comment

Sometimes Maya forgets that it needs to auto-load a plugin; like tinuz suggested, check the Maya preferences.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,
        We have the same problem on some machine. Our workaround at the moment is to save the files from a working machine before submitting tonthe farm.
        I will check to see if the troubling machine has vray in the plugin file.

Yannick
        Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

I made sure the plug-in was activated on all our machines. Still having the issue though. I guess you do have to activate it after install. I have our renderfarm guru bill shortell working on it. I will post his findings.

Comment

we've had the same and alot more problems with batch. (mainly memory leaks), but when we've had that problem it was usually fixed after a reboot. sometimes when a build was pushed out .. and the machine wasn't rebooted or if an installation failed and there wasn't the vray xml in the maya/bin/renderDesc directory that cause similar errors.

Comment

FWIW Try this line in your userSetup.mel

if(!`pluginInfo -query -l -n vrayformaya`) loadPlugin "vrayformaya";
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I finally realized that out of all my identical workstations, it was only mine causing the issue. Any files saved on my station would error out on the farm. If I would open the same file on another station and just re-save, everything would work. So I tossed my prefs, reinstalled vray and rebooted the farm. All good so far.

Comment

throw out maya preferences. restart maya. open the offending scene and re-save

Comment

Working...
                  X