• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR (slaves) not finding textures in 2.0

So I did the
    Code:
    export VRAY_ASSETS_PATH ="path_to_the_textures"
    thing and the slave still can't find the textures and is rendering the buckets black. If I do a cd to the directory in terminal it works and I can see the textures and all, just the vrayslave that won't find it...

Cheers

I don't think it will work with the quotation marks; try removing them.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA!
      Sorry if I wans't clear, but in the real thing I didn't use the quotation marks and the path is correct cause I tested navigating to the specified folder using the command line and it worked fine...
      I'm going to try with another project that had textures and was working before...

Cheers

Comment

yeah... just tested with another project and got the same error. It was rendering fine with DR in 1.5, but now the same textures fail to load... Could it be the fact that they are PNGs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-03-31 at 4.21.02 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	843942

all the black areas are non-procedural textures that the slaved failed loading... I finished this project last week and it was rendering fine before...
        Last edited by Aneurisma; 31-03-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hm, this worked fine for me when I tried it recently. Which OS is this by the way? What is the actual path that you assign to the VRAY_ASSETS_PATH variable?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

I just figured out what it was, I mounted the remote computer using my regular user account but I logged in as SU in the terminal to install the 2.0 standalone. I ran the vrayslave in the terminal before reverting to my user account so although Finder had the remote computer mounted on the desktop, the vray slave couldn't see it.

It's working now that I ran the vrayslave from my regular user account.

Cheers

Comment

Ah ok. Good to know that it works now

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X