Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[URGENT] Updating VRLserver on Fedora just screwed everythng!!! cannot render anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [URGENT] Updating VRLserver on Fedora just screwed everythng!!! cannot render anymore

Hey Guys,

i just got my dongle upgrade and wanted to install the new beta...unfortunately vray told me it could not get a license so i decided to upgrade the VRLServer to the latest version and since this point i cannot start any license server at all....i cannot even go back to my old version....

i think it is a known problem....
    running:
    ./vrlservice.exe
    inside the linux_64 folder results in:
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    (this also happens when reinstalling my previously working x86 vrlserver....don't know what got broken by the new installation)

Does this really work at your place? I know NOONE that got it working...
    i myself used the 32 bit version that came with 2008_linux 32bit build which is not available anymore!!!

It seems that I would need a working 32bit VRLServer version ASAP!!! I cannot render anything right now....or do you have a better solution?

cheers
    Oliver
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

For the time being just install the old license server; I can get you the 32-bit version tomorrow.

Yes, it works fine here.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 01-04-2011, 02:33 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Yes, it works fine here.
      Ok...i am still getting the "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" output...can i send u any kind of log or dumpfile so you can further investigate this?
      Are you also running Fedora13 at your place or some other linux?

cheers
      Oli

Comment

here is /var/log/messages output:
        Apr 3 12:05:31 octowskilix kernel: vrlservice.exe[3094]: segfault at eeef8000 ip 00000000f777e012 sp 00000000fffee063 error 4 in ld-2.12.2.so[f777e000+1e000]
        Apr 3 12:05:31 octowskilix abrt[3095]: saved core dump of pid 3094 (/usr/VRLServer/bin/vrlservice.exe) to /var/spool/abrt/ccpp-1301825131-3094.new/coredump (1433600 bytes)

unfortunately the dumpfile does not exist....is this information already helpful for you?

is the ld-2.12.2.so comming from glibc? maybe there is an error...
        Installed Packages
        glibc.i686 2.12.2-1
        glibc.x86_64 2.12.2-1

EDIT: i also just tried a clean install on a new fedora13 system and it crashed too (this time with the 64bit version)
        Apr 3 13:33:39 quad-i7-01 kernel: vrlservice.exe[2326]: segfault at 28 ip 0000003e964093ce sp 00007fff67ae5d90 error 4 in ld-2.12.so[3e96400000+1e000]
        Apr 3 13:33:39 quad-i7-01 abrt[2327]: saved core dump of pid 2326 (/usr/ChaosGroup/VRLService/linux_x64/bin/vrlservice.exe) to /var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1301830419-2326.new/coredump (9519104 bytes)
        Apr 3 13:33:39 quad-i7-01 abrtd: Directory 'ccpp-1301830419-2326' creation detected
        Apr 3 13:33:39 quad-i7-01 abrtd: Executable '/usr/ChaosGroup/VRLService/linux_x64/bin/vrlservice.exe' doesn't belong to any package
        Apr 3 13:33:39 quad-i7-01 abrtd: Corrupted or bad crash /var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1301830419-2326 (res:4), deleting
        Last edited by ultrasonic; 03-04-2011, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Did it work with the 32-bit version that I sent you?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Did it work with the 32-bit version that I sent you?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            YES! Now it is working...but there are still strange things happening.

1. The old x86 licence server worked until yesterday
            2. then i installed the new x64 lic server and it did not work due to "seg.fault" -> uninstalled it
            3. reinstalled the old x86 immediately without installing or uninstalling any other packages -> even x86 did not work anymore
            4. set up a new fedora13 install -> new x64 server did not work
            5. installed x86 server -> finally works...but this is just a temporary solution i think

the point that is still worring me is point 3. Why does this stop working after i tried installing the x64 before...and why is the x64 server not working at all in my fresh install of fedora13? BTW: what is your linux environment? fedora13 as well?

For now i can work with my current temporary licence server but i would really like to further investigate this.
            Is there any user out there besides the chaos guys who got the 64bit licence server working on any linux?

cheers
            Oli

Comment

If you didn't (re)install the WIBU driver, then I don't know why installing a newer license server will break the old one - the license server installer does not change/install any system libraries or anything else besides the license server executable.

Yes, there are other users who run the 64-bit version successfully. Yes, there are also others who have issues like you.

We have various Linux versions here, the one that I have seen working is Fedora 5.

I would recommend that you wait for the official release before investing too much time into this; the license server included with the final installation will be different than the one you got with Beta 1.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

If you didn't (re)install the WIBU driver, then I don't know why installing a newer license server will break the old one - the license server installer does not change/install any system libraries or anything else besides the license server executable.
                No...i didn't do anything else except installing the server...never touched the wibu drivers...maybe i should try that
                Yes, there are other users who run the 64-bit version successfully. Yes, there are also others who have issues like you.
                Too bad to know...but i know you guys are the best to solve this
                We have various Linux versions here, the one that I have seen working is Fedora 5.
                Ok...but unfortunately not a good workaround
                I would recommend that you wait for the official release before investing too much time into this; the license server included with the final installation will be different than the one you got with Beta 1.
                Will do...4 weeks may be a good time for a temporary solution to live

Thx a lot for your time vlado!!

cheerio
                Oli

Comment

Working...
                X