Tiled rendering vray commandline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiled rendering vray commandline

I'm trying to render a large image (25000 x 8532) with a 20k texture (png) via the vray commandline, in 2 parts. I'm on osX, vray 1.5, maya 2011.
    After a whole night it doesn't get beyond this point:

[2011/Apr/4|20:48:21] Preparing scene for rendering...: done [ 0h 0m 0.0s]

This is the commandline I'm using:

/Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/vray/bin/vray -sceneFile="/Volumes/Mac26B/Projects/tribal_ddb/tile_yourself/source/maya/scenes/777-print.vrscene" -imgFile=print_v001.png -imgWidth=25000 -imgHeight=8532 -region=x0;y0;x12500;y4266 -showProgress=2 -verboselevel=4

Am I doing anything wrong? Should I use more parts? Or any other tips on how to get it to work? It's for an 8 meter wide wallprint at an airport.

For now I removed the -region option, that seems to do something, as that gave errors. Am I using it correctly?
    I'm rendering smaller images now for testing but I do need the region option to make larger tiled renders. Or should I use the crop option? Or both?

Comment

The crop option would be the appropriate one to use in this case.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We tried some stuff with the '-region' thingie but it gave us bash errors. Could you give an example of how it works?
        This is what we used:
        -region=x0;y0;x12500;y4266

We also tried adjusting the vrscenefile. Could you explain what the rgn_, bmp_ and r_ dimension variables are?

Comment

you type it like that with the x, y and ;'s?

I've used this succesfully:
          -reg 0 12500 0 4266

also the order is -reg left right bottom top

oh and this will give you the help in command line :
          /Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render -help -r vray
          Last edited by tinuz; 05-04-2011, 06:30 AM.
          showreel: http://vimeo.com/27236919

Comment

Yep, I typed it with the x, y and ;'s!
            Thanks for the explanation!
            We ended up changing the vrscene files, using the r_left (from which pixel to start the regionrendering) and r-width command (the width of the regionrender you want).
            I ended up rendering parts on 10 computers. Almost done!

Comment

Working...
            X