Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shave & Haircut in IPR crashes Maya

shave & Haircut in IPR crashes Maya.

Also the "hide hair" option in the shave menu does not work (vray still renders it), which means that a scene with shave hair in it cannot use IPR at all.

Any workarounds or fixes?

It works fine on my end hiding the shave hair with the RT render.
    You're not going to get any RT output, however, until Joe comes up with a plugin to allow it.

You can always manually set the hair nodes visiblities to off.
    - Brandon

Comment

It consistently crashes for us. I've tried it on a few machines. Launching a vray IPR render will crash Maya every time (even when the hair is hidden).

The problem is not that Shave does not work in IPR (that's a feature request), but that a scene with Shave hair in it does not work in IPR at all and crashes Maya (which I would call a bug). Mental Ray and Maya renders also do not work with Shave in IPR, but they will just ignore the hair, and do everything else.

Is it a version thing? I'm running Shave 5.5v15, and Vray 1.5SP1 build 14367.

Comment

You know..you should try removing the shaveVray pre and post render lines in the render globals which should effectively disable the shave render callouts and see if that gets a scene rendering for you.
        - Brandon

Comment

Working...
        X