Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between DR service and render slave

Hi there,

When I use a computer with the DR service, all textures seem to be missing. (they are all on a shared drive).

However when I render the same scene and the render server is using the "render slave" cmd prompt box the textures will all render properly.

Is there something I'm missing? After reading the manual I still can't work out why it would do this. I thought that the "DR service" was just an automatic way of starting the render slave or have I got something mixed up?

Using Maya 2011 and last nightly 1.5 SP1 build for Vray.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Just an update on the situation I've changed all my paths to UNC (NOT mapped network drives) and the error still remains.

Edit#2: Okay I found the issue via another thread on an archived CGARchitect:

i've had problems in the past running my VraySpawnerService as the LOCALMACHINE credentials.. editing the service so that it used the DOMAIN\Login then worked.
    Edit#3: Okay thread closed! For anyone else wondering if you are working with a domain, start the services.msc - connect to the remote ocmputers and get the vray service to use a login that has access to the server. Also make sure everything is UNC mapped.
    Last edited by snivlem; 06-04-2011, 11:12 PM.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

Working...
    X