Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Vray dirt in the bump give undesirable results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Vray dirt in the bump give undesirable results.

Hi all

Pretty self explanatory here, If i render the vray dirt using reverse normals and use in the diffuse, I get a nice smooth gradient from white to black across the edges of my model, perfect.

However if I use it in the bump, the bump becomes very jagged an inconsistent. This isn't usable and not what I expected. Extra samples make no difference.

Using V-Ray core version is 1.90.03 for windows 7 on Maya 2011.

Any help much appreciated!

thanks

Will

It won't work for the time being; if you want a rounded corners feature, just add the V-Ray "Round edges" attributes to the shading group of your material.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Also just to explain a little more, the object is reflective as this is where you can see the error the most.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Vlado, I'm not after a rounded corner, I'm after a slightly raised corner as well as the rounded corner.

If you look at any pressed metals, the edges are always very subtly raised and you see this when reflections go across the surface.

Could raised edge in the bump be something that could be added to the rounded corner feature?

Ill send some example images of what I am talking about if I am not explaining myself clearly enough.

Comment

bake the map, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
          X