Subsurface broke with Carpaint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subsurface broke with Carpaint.

I have a Non proxy car model in a scene with proxy geometry that has the sub surface shader.

In the reflection of the carpaint the subsurface doesn't show up in the reflections. The subsurface does show up with vray materials.

Any suggestions?

Been picking at it more.. It looks as if the carpaint shader doesn't calculate the SS in reflection with much accuracy. If I blow out the SS shader it shows up, but otherwise it doesn't seem to grab the bright color.

I have a light material emitting light in the center of a SS material that has an outside wall and inside wall with correct normals. In camera render it shows up fine, but the carpaint shader has it showing up underexposed to the point where you don't see the illuminating SS material.

Comment

Hmmm... I think I am gonna have to trash the SS shader generated from Houdini vrmesh. Does the proxy geo load and unload faces that it thinks won't be needed at render?

Comment

The proxy only loads parts of the geometry that are actually needed (not what it "thinks" might be needed - there is no possibility for an error).

It would be best if you can get me a scene with your problem; otherwise it's a bit hard to figure out what is going on - things seem to work fine in my simple tests.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I don't know if I can send the scene.. It's just way too much data to transfer. Also the plytovrmesh.exe doesn't export at frame 1. A -1 offset is always required to match geo.

Thanks!
          -Scott

Comment

turn on the retrace threshold in LC?... assuming you are using LC.

Comment

Ended up just baking the ss shader and applying the texture to a light material. Renders much faster and still looks great!

Comment

Yes, that's the other approach

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X