ptex filtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ptex filtering

Hey guys, here is a mipmapped ptex file. There seems to be some filtering issues when rendering RT. If you turn on interpolation between mipmap levels the filter just turns the surface to crap.

I just want to be sure that there is nothing wrong with the ptex mipmap that's being generated on my end.

I am using Vray build 14535 in Windows Maya 2011.

There are a few 2k painted area's on the surface.

Also, lightcache generation is extremely slow on high res area's of the ptex.

Here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0FA1XJRY

Thanks!

-Scott

For the slowness, you might need to increase the PTex cache size in the properties of the VRayPTex texture. Thanks for the pointer on the filtering issue - will check it out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah, let me know if you see any issues with the ptex. I am working with the Foundry to have everything implemented correctly for a Vray ptex workflow. Vlado, if you guys want a beta for testing, let me know and I will get you guys in contact with the Mari dev team so they can set you guys up with a version for testing.

Comment

Yes, it might be useful; we asked for a beta since last summer, but no luck...

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

The filtering issue may be because the object is scaled; looking into it now.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Yeah, it was scaled but that was before the ptex was painted. I'm not transforming the geo after the paintwork.

Would freezing transforms then painting make a difference?

Comment

The problem really was that the object was scaled. I've fixed that so the next build of V-Ray shouldn't have problems with the transform and you don't need to freeze it.

Best regards,
              Vasil Velikov
              V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
              X