Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get the raw passes to = the beauty pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That or you can do ((RawLight+RawGI)XDiffuse). That having been said, I've tried every way possible. I know I'm doing it right because in every other comp I work on day to day, a difference node is nearly 100% black. I just got lazy with my bracket typing in my previous post
    Last edited by kweechy; 27-05-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I'm sure its not 100 percent black. Do you see any float values when you move your mouse over the black from the difference? You would need to view that in Nuke.

Comment

Originally posted by Metzger View Post
        I'm sure its not 100 percent black. Do you see any float values when you move your mouse over the black from the difference? You would need to view that in Nuke.
        Is this is reference to the Reflection pass difference that I posted? I'd have to look in Nuke to see if there's some extremely small floating point values still left over, mainly what I'd meant is that there is VERY little difference other than weird edges between Relfection and Reflection x Filter. Yet when you look at the difference between (Lighting + GI) and ((RawLight + RawGI) X Diffuse)...that's an insane amount of difference.

Comment

Are you doing the compositing with floating-point linear images?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah all images are 32bit linear. I also tried outputting with various color mapping options from VRay, linear multiply, exponential, HSV exponential, etc.

I'm saving them out of the VRay framebuffer if that would make a difference at all?

Comment

Ok then; is it possible to get us a scene for this to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com - our support guys might be able to figure out what's wrong with this.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It's got some textured lights and an HDRI dome and such, how big of an attachment can I send you guys?

Comment

Attach your scene on rapidshare/megaupload or something like this, and send link to Vlado.
                  www.deex.info

Comment

Working...
                  X