Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vrscene Files -- "img_file_needFrameNumber" doesn't seem to work when set to "0".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrscene Files -- "img_file_needFrameNumber" doesn't seem to work when set to "0".

Hey,

So I have an application (Massive) that is automatically generating vrscene files with the output image file name including the frame number, which is fine apart from when V-Ray renders the scene it appends a frame number '0001' to it. I noticed that "img_file_needFrameNumber" is set to "0", which I assumed would disable V-Ray from automatically appending a frame number to the filename, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is this how it's meant to work, but isn't? Is there another way? Or is this not supported at all?

Also the V-Ray core version is 2.00.01.

Thanks,
    Mark

What file format are you saving to? Can you post the entire SettingsOutput plugin description?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

It's this:
      ------
      SettingsOutput massiveSettingOutput {
      img_width=1024;
      img_height=576;
      img_pixelAspect=1.000000;
      img_file="Z:/jobs/361_MOTIONLOGIX_3098/massive/sims/vray/stressTest/01_07/pic/vray_stressTest_wip_01_07_pass-02.0030.exr";
      img_file_needFrameNumber=0;
      img_separateAlpha=0;
      anim_start=1;
      anim_end=1;
      frame_start=1;
      frames_per_second=24.000000;
      rgn_left=0.000000;
      rgn_width=1024.000000;
      rgn_top=0.000000;
      rgn_height=576.000000;
      bmp_width=1024;
      bmp_height=576;
      r_left=0;
      r_width=1024;
      r_top=0;
      r_height=576;
      }
      -----

Tiffs also didn't work.

Cheers,
      Mark

P.S. If you got my accidental post, I thought it may have fixed itself by going to EXR, but I forgot I renamed the files yesterday, so when I checked them they still had the issue.
      Last edited by darloman; 08-06-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

Did you have a look into this?

Cheers,
        Mark

Comment

It seemed to work fine here in my tests; can you also tell me the date of the V-Ray build? I remember a similar issue being fixed, but you may be using an older version.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X