Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to select bake channel

Hello

I am trying to bake in Vray 2.0 for Maya 2011..

When i select baking engine, The dropdown below for bake channel (where you would normally select UVW does not work? )

Does anybody kno why this happens or how to fix?

I am in mid project and this is mission critical!!!

please help..

I'm running Maya 2011 on Win 7 64

I also posted about baking multiple objs.... Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by IDS_SPORTS; 13-07-2011, 03:08 PM.

Hello,

I am trying to reproduce the issue with "Bake Channel" dropdown, but it seems to be working fine for me on Windows Vista.
    Do you have any object selected when you try to use it? It would be empty if nothing is selected, otherwise it should show at least the default.

Let me know your workflow, please, or send me a scene if it is something specific, so I can check.

milena.sarneva AT chaosgroup.com

Thanks,

Milena
    V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

I am running maya 2011 on windows 7, 64 bit.... Running Vray 2.0....

Even selcting objects, single or multiple objects the list is not populated... There is nothing in the drop down list.... What would you like to know about worklfow? I had my scene and Vray render globlas set up for rendering... IM + LC for render with DMC... I changed the globals to texture baking and set resolution to 2k... I have rebooted and tryed reloading scene and still nothing in that list.... Would you like me to upload a .mb? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

Yeah, please send me the scene, so I can see what is going on. If it is a big scene, you can send me a stripped down version, if that won't take you too much time.

Thanks a lot!
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Instead of relying on the global render settings, you might want to try the per-object VRayBakeOptions, and baking with the "Bake with V-Ray..." option, as described here: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya/150R1/baketext.htm

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X