Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent:Vray Clamping Renders

Hi,

So Im having a big issue where all my renders are being clamped. When I sample colors in the frame buffer it shows them well over a value of 1. When I use exposure correction and lower the exposure I get whats expected with a 8 bit image and the opposite when raising the exposure it acts like a floating point image. When I save out the images from the frame buffer or through batch render they are clamped at 1. Just a few details: clamping is not turned on in settings, we are using exrs with default compression. I attached a basic scene with the issue.

V-Ray for Maya version 2.10.01, revision 15731

maya 2009

vrayClamping.zip

Click on the histogram toggle in the lower VFB tool to enable and then disable the histogram control and it will be fine. In any case, it's a bug and will be fixed.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This is becoming a bit of an issue for us, that solution works sometimes but the bug happens when we batch randomly . Do i need to turn it on then off again then save before sending out a render job ? Is there a command line script that that could do it?

Thanks

Comment

There is no script for this unfortunately. This will be fixed for the next night build on Monday, but for the time being a solution could be to use the stable builds, which don't shave this problem.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Last edited by vlado; 22-07-2011, 03:44 PM.
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X