NURBS Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NURBS Rendering

Have a file from CAD data I'm trying to work with at the moment. Mental Ray will render it completely fine without issues, VRay seems much less happy to do so however.

If I hide absolutely everything except a couple pieces, it will render. As I unhide the rest of the model though, it begins to take forever during the "Compiling geometry" stage...my RAM usage hits 24GB if I let it crunch away, but really have no idea what's going on.

It's not a big job and I could move it back to Mental Ray, but would rather not of course because I much prefer VRay at this point.

Lower the max subdivs in the render settings, i think they apply to NURBS too.

Comment

Originally posted by kweechy View Post
      Have a file from CAD data I'm trying to work with at the moment. Mental Ray will render it completely fine without issues, VRay seems much less happy to do so however.

If I hide absolutely everything except a couple pieces, it will render. As I unhide the rest of the model though, it begins to take forever during the "Compiling geometry" stage...my RAM usage hits 24GB if I let it crunch away, but really have no idea what's going on.

It's not a big job and I could move it back to Mental Ray, but would rather not of course because I much prefer VRay at this point.
      You can add extra V-Ray attributes to the NURBS shape for some additional control over the tessellation. However the best approach might be to convert them to polygons; NURBS rendering has never been a primary goal for V-Ray for Maya and our tessellator is far from complete.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X