Memory release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory release

Is it possible to have this go any quicker? When you have a lot of render elements it can take 5-10 minutes to free up a finished or canceled render when you take up 20+ gigs of ram to render.

I also notice the same thing when in batch mode. After rendering a frame, it holds for a while..

This is with the latest stable build for windows.

I doubt that it is related to render elements, but as always, we would need a scene to figure out what's going on.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This is also happening to me.
      Waiting for the render to finish can be long even if all the buckets are finished. However if I cancel before the last bucket, then it stops immediately.
      Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

Could you please send us example scene with that issue to: support@chaosgroup.com
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

I don't use Maya, but in max when this happens, I restart the spawner for that last bucket.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Same experience here. Have a scene that takes 40GB to render. It finished rendering the pixels in 20 mins, but after 30mins I'm still waiting for the frame to be "complete" on the render farm as the RAM on the machine sloooooowly crawls down from 40GB ---> 30GB ---> 20GB used...

On Maya 2012 and a fairly recent nightly build.

PS: just emailed a scene to support
            Last edited by darloman; 30-11-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Slightly off topic but I'd love to see what you're rendering that's taking up 20Gb + !

Comment

It's a known issue, will be fixed.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  It's a known issue, will be fixed.
                  Very good! I just wanted to join this thread because i am having the same issue on my current project...Maya2012 but with the official release from 28.Apr...

cheers
                  Oliver
                  OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Comment

Yeah, V-Ray is slow at releasing memory. It totally takes its time. Like an old grandma folding clothes.

Comment

Is this fixed by now? We're having some trouble with crashing scenes at the end of the renderprocess.

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
                        Is this fixed by now? We're having some trouble with crashing scenes at the end of the renderprocess.
                        The crashing is probably due to a certain bug in our texture loader code which is fixed in the latest builds. It was not related to the original issue in this thread.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Ok. We're using 2.25.01, revision 18822 from Jan 23 2012 and we have those problems. We're trying to build a reproducable scene now. For us it looks like it is related to the VFB in some way and it seems to crash more often when you start your rednering from the maya renderview instead of just hitting the render button. Maybe we should try the newest builds first and come back with a new threat when the issue still consists.

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
                            Ok. We're using 2.25.01, revision 18822 from Jan 23 2012 and we have those problems. We're trying to build a reproducable scene now. For us it looks like it is related to the VFB in some way and it seems to crash more often when you start your rednering from the maya renderview instead of just hitting the render button. Maybe we should try the newest builds first and come back with a new threat when the issue still consists.
                            Ok then; this build should have the bitmap fix I was referring to, so any other information you can get me is very welcome as I still find myself unable to reproduce this. I would strongly recommend to use the builds from the "stable_2.1" branch instead of the ones in the nightlies branch.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Nevermind, I could reproduce the problem. Looking into it now.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X