proxy object issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proxy object issue

I have a very dense mesh in obj format (26 million polygons, 1.699 gigs) on disk that needs converting to a vray proxy object. I use the command line application that comes with vray but after 10 minutes of processing and "reading voxel... done" the file that is produced ends up being 1kb on disk. The raw obj will actually import into maya and exporting a vray proxy object form there seems to do the same thing (1kb file, maya fezzes). Is there a polygon limit on files that the ply2vrmesh utility can handle ?

Hello,

There is no limitation on the number of faces in a vrmesh (we've one vrmesh file that has bilions of faces in it (16+ gb on disk)).
    What build are you using?

Is there a chance to get the scene? (We can give you a ftp account, so you can upload it there)

/Teodor
    V-Ray developer

Comment

I have had issues like that before when exporting from Maya. Usually due to no shading engine assigned to the geo.

Comment

Sure, you can give me an ftp account and I can upload the files. Please send me an e-mail or a PM with the information. I tried it with a smaller file today and have the same problem.

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
        Hello,

There is no limitation on the number of faces in a vrmesh (we've one vrmesh file that has bilions of faces in it (16+ gb on disk)).
        What build are you using?

Is there a chance to get the scene? (We can give you a ftp account, so you can upload it there)

/Teodor

Comment

Please send us an e-mail to: support@chaosgroup.com so we could provide you with our FTP information.
          Best regards,
          Zdravko Keremidchiev
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

Hello Nookie,

I was able to convert your plane26mil.obj file to a vrmesh.
            Can you tell me more details about the command you're executing (the actual parameters), the version of the V-Ray for Maya, your OS?

/Teodor
            V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
            X