Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT GPU crashes on medium sized scenes

Hey dear community,

today I wanted to do some tests with Vray RT GPU and Maya 2012. Unfortunately I can't get a scene working that takes up ~900mb ram with CPU rendering.
    I read somewhere around here that you can compare the use of system ram when rendering with CPU and the use of GPU ram. I'm using a GTX570 with 2,5GB of ram.
    The last message I get is:

Moving Map channels transferred
    Writing crash dump to ...

Creating a new scene with a plane, a sphere and a rectLight works well on GPU assuming it's more a ram problem. But my testscene isn't big at all and doesn't contain any lights. Looking at Everest I see 2.3GB free GPU memory and at the moment of the crash still 2.2GB available. Do you have any suggestions?

sys specs:
    2x Xeon X5365
    16GB ram
    Win 7 Prof 64bit
    Maya 2012
    Vray 2.00.04

If you need any more details please tell me. I can't decipher the vray.dmp file though

Thanks in advance and with best regards,
    Dziga

Whats ur driver version?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Ok, I kind of smell the problem. I installed driver 280.26 for GTX and driver 275.89 for Quadro. I set up my workstation to utilize a Quadro FX1700 for viewport performance and a GTX for OpenCL rendering. Following a tutorial from the NVIDIA dev zone I had to install the GTX first, with no Quadro card inserted and afterwards install the Quadro. Maybe the quadro driver overwrites fundamental files for the GTX to work properly? But why does he render smaller scenes? Vray is only using Device 1 (GTX) and I already deactivated the Quadro to see if it interrupts RT.

Comment

No.

280 ARE NOT WORKING. Install 270.xx drivers and enjoy GPU rendering...
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Thanks DADAL! I ll try.

Comment

Working...
          X