DR sees but doesn't connect to some slaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR sees but doesn't connect to some slaves

I'm trying to figure out why, using DR on Current Frame, it seems to be hit and miss as to when it uses all 10 of my render slaves. In the console output, it lists all 10 dr hosts but then only connects to 2, or maybe 8, or maybe none. The frame takes approx 30 secs at 720x405 so it's not because it's so simple that it doesn't need the slaves.

I've verified that all render slaves have vray.exe running upon startup:
    # ps aux | grep vray
    root 3755 0.0 0.3 368224 26740 ? Ssl 17:22 0:00 /usr/autodesk/maya2012-x64/vray/bin/vray.exe -daemon -server -portNumber=20207 -logDir=/tmp/vraymayaslave2012 -display=0

Is this a common problem? How do I get Vray to use all 10 reliably?

-R

(using V-Ray for Maya version 2.00.04 EDU from Apr 28 2011 on CentOS 5.6 with Maya 2012 HF4)

BTW, seeing max's post from 9/12, I confirmed that I can ping my nodes and that port 20207 is open.

-R

Comment

And I've confirmed, on my mac (a new MBP running 10.7.1 and Maya 2012 HF4), using DR with the same scene on the same rendernodes works much better. It sees all available hosts and then uses them all.

Are these known bugs with this EDU linux version? Can I test a newer build?

-R

Comment

There is no difference between the EDU version and the other versions of V-Ray in this regard; further on, the network code for Linux and Mac OS X is identical, which makes it even stranger We can get you a newer version of V-Ray if you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just emailed you, thanks!

-R

Comment

Working...
          X