Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Slave Taking 1 Minute to Close Session

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else here has had this problem before. Just bought a new render slave, installed VRay etc., all my other slaves close the session right when the render finishes except for this one which takes about a minute or two to close.

Any ideas where this lag could be introduced from?

This is on Win 7 Pro in case there's some network thing I've glossed over.
    Last edited by kweechy; 18-09-2011, 03:05 PM.

Are you using the "Restart slaves on render end" option for DR?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

At work right now and it's possible the VRay build is older than what I have at home, but I don't see a button for restarting the slaves after rendering. I also checked out the docs online and they show the option for Max inside the DR server settings window, but not for Maya: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...d.htm#settings.

The odd thing is that my other render slaves work just fine, they pick up the job and are ready to go again within 1-5 seconds of the job finishing. Yet this new machine (all identical specs) seems to hang for 1-2 minutes between renders. The other computers are on Win 7 Home and this new one is Win 7 Pro, but I can't imagine what difference that might make.

Comment

Ah, this is on Maya, sorry - I didn't check the forum name We don't have this option in Maya yet, unfortunately. If you have the time to experiment, it would be useful to get a dump of the vray.exe process while it is stuck in this way. To get a minidump, you can install the Process Explorer application from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896653 - then wait until the DR is finished, and while the slave is hung, in the Process Explorer right-click on vray.exe and select Create dump >minidump, then send me the resulting .dmp file to vlado@chaosgroup.com - it contains enough information to determine what exactly is going on.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, I'll get you that .dmp tonight once I'm home.

Comment

Working...
          X