Vray Linux Installer Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Linux Installer Issues

I've installed both 1.5 and 2.0 on my RHEL machine and both create an improper line in the /etc/profile.d/chaos.csh file. The installer creates the following line:

setenv VRAY_PATH "${VRAY_PATH}:/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Maya2012-x64/bin/x64/vc6"

That path does not exist. The correct line should be:

setenv VRAY_PATH "/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Maya2012-x64/lib/linux_x64/gcc-4.1"

There's also an issue with the "installcfg.txt" automatic installation. When installing from a terminal, the ./vray_adv_20004_maya2012_linux_x64.exe -fromFile="installcfg.txt" command gets caught in some sort a loop where it just keeps writing "vray.exe" over and over in the shell window. When you CTRL-c twice in a row, it seems to kick it out of whatever loop it's stuck in and the installer continues as expected.

Thanks for listening,
    David

With regards to the "vray.exe" issue... it appears that the VRay 1.5 .exe was still running even though I had run the uninstaller on the machine. That's what was causing the automatic installation to freak out. Definitely think the uninstaller should stop the program when it uninstalls. The automatic installation should also have a warning that an .exe is running and should give you the option to kill it.

Thanks for listening,
    David

Comment

Hm, all these things were supposed to be there already (checking for vray.exe and trying to automatically stop it). I'll have to make a few tests...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X