physical camera attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physical camera attributes

What's the best way to get the physical camera attributes from a camera when they disappear?

With V-Ray 1.5 they always disappear- even from under "Extra Attributes" and I always have to shutdown and restart Maya when I want to change a physical camera attribute.

When it bugs out is there a command to refresh the scriptjob or mel script to reconnect the physical camera?
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

A similar issue was fixed in the mid-May. Can you try a newer build and let me know if you still have issues?
    It was a change in vrayUpdateAE.mel only, so you can PM me about it as well.
    But it would be best to get a more recent build and test it with it.

Let me know how it works for you.
    V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Hi Milena, thanks for the reply I apologize I failed to mention earlier - but I'm using this build: 1.50.SP1 from Jun 8 2011, 21:26:54 with Maya 2012x64.

If it helps, I'm happy to edit this onto my copy of vrayUpdateAE.mel if the fix is just a matter of fixing a few lines of code. Thanks!
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Hm, it should be fixed in the build you're using.
        Could you give me the exact steps to reproduce it? Maybe you're doing it differently and there is another update/refresh of the attributes that is needed. The previous problem was that Maya 2012 failed to call the update of Vray Attributes when AE is closed and opened again. I am not sure if your issue is the same.

Thanks,

Milena
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Hi Milena. I'm usually looking through the camera and I select Camera Attributes (the icon that looks like a camera with a list of attributes in the viewport panel toolbar menu).

Then I usually run Maya's ShowAttributeEditorOrChannelBox command as a shortcut:
          (if(`isAttributeEditorRaised`){if(!`isChannelBoxVi sible`){setChannelBoxVisible(1);} else {raiseChannelBox;}}else{openAEWindow;})

It works now that I've just done it of course but as I mentioned it sometimes breaks. Very rarely do the attributes appear under "Extra V-Ray Attributes" and most of the time the attributes appears under "Extra Attributes" and then it is quite rare but sometimes even the "Extra Attributes" breaks which is why I started this thread.

I hope this helps somehow.
          Maya 2020/2022
          Win 10x64
          Vray 5

Comment

I tried to break it using your code instead of just open/close the AE. I added/deleted objects, rendered, added more camera, etc. It seems to work fine for me. So PM me your email and I'll send you the current vrayUpdateAE.mel file just to make sure your version is up to date. If it still breaks for you, we'll figure it out after that.

Thanks,

Milena
            V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
            X