Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash with ncloth simulation

Hi there,

I recently purchased vray 2.0 with maya and have been getting my feet wet with it in Maya 2012 x64 hotfix 2. Unfortunately I've already run into a problem with a straightforward cloth simulation. I set up a simple 100 frame n"cloth ball dropping onto a surface" sim. The ball's ncloth settings allow it to deform slightly. I've got a vray sun/sky setup with a physical camera.

Whenever I try to render out the animation after 25 to 65 frames or so Maya either crashes or I get the following error: "// Error: Exception [module=1] : Image prepass". What's frustrating is that the crash/render interrupt doesn't happen consistently. Out of about 10 tries rendering it I've been able to render it successfully twice.

I'm also using a substance texture. But changing that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've attached the file so that you can check it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I do use a lot of ncloth sims and was hoping to use vray to render them.

Is there any other information from the crashes that would be useful to see?

Thanks,

Ted
    Attached Files

Any suggestions? If this is the wrong place to post such issues, please let me know.

Comment

Which V-Ray build and OS are you using to render? I'm rendering with the latest nightly builds on Windows and it seems fine.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and using version 2.00.04. I'm not sure how to access the nightly builds. Is this something you set up for individual users?

Thanks,

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by gronk34 View Post
          I'm on Windows 7 x64 and using version 2.00.04. I'm not sure how to access the nightly builds. Is this something you set up for individual users?
          Yes, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com if you would like to get more information.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X