Glitchy Opacity/Refractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitchy Opacity/Refractions

Tried a few dozen different things to get this working properly. Right now the only real solution I've come up with is rendering with Mental Ray instead of VRay as it seems to handle the information properly.

Here's a sample video of what is being rendered. Polygon objects with self illumination and opacity mappings, they're subdivided with a displacement node. Cutoff Thresholds are all set to 0, transparency levels set to 500 (you know, in case somehow a ray going through 3 things is 500 ), DMC is 4 min 24 max. The glitch spots cut through the alpha as well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26845156/Gli...ansparency.mov

Any way to fix this in VRay easily? Would rather not use Mental Ray if I can avoid it, hate mixing renderers.

Can you get me a scene for this? If you can either post it here or send it to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com it will be very helpful.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure thing, uploading in a few minutes.

Turning on motion blur seemed to solve my problems somehow, not sure how or why, but I'll take it for now.

Mental Ray wasn't working out so well in the end. Renders looked fine, but mia_x cutout opacity doesn't apply to the alpha channel somehow...could have sworn it affected it. Anyway those renders were unusable.

Comment

Working...
      X