Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light linking broken in latest nightly (17684)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light linking broken in latest nightly (17684)

Just installed the today's nightly build : vray_adv_21501_maya2012_x64_17684 very nice improvements and fixes btw But it seems the light linking is broken here! turning off the light works fine but breaking the link to an object seem to be ignored..
    best regards,
    sacha

It works fine here.
    Can you attach a simple scene?
    Best regards,
    Zdravko Keremidchiev
    Technical Support Representative

Comment

grrr.... no I can't... If I cut it down to a reasonable size, the effect goes away.. even with the same objects... can't figure out what happens there. With the exact same position of camera and the exact same scene with the nightly the light is seen and with the stable it`s not.. And it´s just in that scene.. When I copy just the ceiling and the light, create a new scene and paste that in, everything works. But in the regular scene the light linking is completely ignored I don't want to do research anymore for now, also because the latest nightlys crash very often on the slave machines so it takes too long. so I have to roll back to the latest stable and maybe one other day I have the time and patience to figure that out.. sorry
      best regards,
      sacha

Comment

If you have the time to spare, we get you ftp details to upload the full scene. Otherwise we won't know what to fix it for the next stable builds.

In case you are wondering, we had to change the light linking so that we can implement shadow linking properly.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well I'll try to sort it a bit in the evening to make it small enough and send it via ftp. Good to hear about the shadow linking btw..

edit: ok, found some time to look into it again: I found the bad guy! I send you the scene via ftp in a second. I deleted the most parts of the scene and renamed the group, which is causing that issue to "BadGuy"

That group is not even visible. A while ago I was playing with env-fog and gizmos in maya and that little group was left from my trip. but it was hidden. Just render it in the state, i uploaded it. THEN delete that group and render again. The light link is okay right after the delete. Now, if you press undo to get the group back, the light link is still intact....

hope, that helps you... btw. seems like the crashes on the slave are also produced by that hidden group !

Click image for larger version

Name:	grrr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	844698Click image for larger version

Name:	grrr_fix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	844699
          Last edited by Sacha; 25-11-2011, 06:02 AM.
          best regards,
          sacha

Comment

hey vlado.. did you get the scene? sorry for new post, but I don't know if you notice, when I just edit my old one.
            best regards,
            sacha

Comment

Hello Aquazum,

This bug should be fixed in the next nightly build.
              Please test it and report if there are any more problems with the light linking.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
              Teodor
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
              X