Rect Light with HDR texture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rect Light with HDR texture.

I have a bunch of instanced V-Ray Rect Lights with an HDR texture connected.

V-Ray is taking a very long time to render around the brighter area of the reflected surfaces around the light. Any pointers to speed this up? I tried a clamp of 5, along with sub pixel mapping on, and off.. I'm not getting much luck. The hottest values in the HDR measure around 35 in Nuke, and the lights are set to an intensity of 5.

Thanks

I tried the same thing as Metzger with a couple of standard V-Ray Rect Lights and then adding one with an HDR texture. Tried it with a 2k file and a 1k HDR of a real life lightbox. The render took an incredible amount of time! It's a great feature, but it's hard to use when render times are like this. How does the domelight manage to keep low render times? It should be essentially the same concept, right?
    /Bard
    www.hellobard.com
    Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

I was also troubled by the same thing.
      However it may raise subdivs(material, light, gi ...), a noise will not disappear, but Adaptive DMC reached Max subdivs.
      It took rendering time as a result. Moreover, a noise also remains.

Comment

Can any of you get me a scene for this (with the HDR bitmap) so that we can look into it?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X