strange black dots 4 of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange black dots 4 of them

I have two meshes that are on top of each other. I displace one out a little at render time (the wrapper)
    I was getting weird black dots in my render that seem to happen along polygon edges. I increased the displacement to pop the wrapper out farther and they disappeared from my buffer render. but when I batch render they are back.

any suggestions?

maya 2012 sp1
    vray 2.00.04
    files.woodbeard.com/client/DML/clorox_LPDP/internal/vrayDotsError.jpg

(also do i need special permission to be able to upload images, or attach stuff?)

You don't need special permissions, but it might be that the file is too big.

For the issue, are you also subdividing the mesh? Have you tried reducing the displacement edge length parameter a bit (f.e. to 2.0)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It could be something to do with the view dependant feature, I'm pretty sure I had some similar issues caused by this.
      I turned it off, and lowered the 'edge length'.
      http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...splacement.htm

iirc - I think that was the cause.

Comment

hey guys thanks so much

@ vlado - yes I am subdividing them.

it seems that it was in fact because the pieces where subdividing differently (I think)
        I turned off view dependent for those objects and dropped edge length to .025
        it seems to be fixed - kicking off a high res sequence now...
        hopefully it's fixed...
        it's odd that the results are different in buffer vs. batch... it is also very hard to lock one artifact down and test settings on it, because they seem to move every time i hit render.. not just when i change a frame.

- jeremy

Comment

fixed!
          thanks
          -

Comment

Working...
          X