Physical camera stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical camera stopped working

I was using a Vray physical camera and it stopped working suddenly. I had not changed any settings. When I render, it renders the 1080 frame in mere seconds but every layer, RGB, Alpha, zdepth, etc are all black.
    When I turn physical camera off it renders again.

When I create another camera and turn it into a physical camera that one renders perfectly.

Had anyone experienced this problem?

Yeah I've had problems before but typically with the FOV/FL.
    This was about 5 months ago, so trying to trudge through my old files might be tricky.

Comment

After working with it for a while I can report that creating another camera did NOT solve the problem. It looked as if it did, but when I rendered it it gave me the same image every time. If I set the f stop to 2.8 or 22 it made no difference. The output was exactly the same. I think it wasn't even rendering as a physical camera at all even thought the physical camera attribute was applied and active.

Comment

Could you please send us the scene only with the VRayPhysicalCamera, to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com so we could test it in here?
        Which V-Ray for Maya version are you using?
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

Physical cam...

PhysicalCam.zip

So this was the camera that was refusing to render before. It is rendering now, but none of the controls are working. If I turn the ISO to 50 the shutter speed to 2000 and the f-stop to 22 it still renders bright as day. No changes I make affect the lightness of the render.
          If I create a second cam it seems to work fine however.

Hopefully you don't need the textures associated with this file to see how it is rendering the physical camera.

V-Ray for Maya version 2.15.01, revision 17662 from Nov 22 2011
          V-Ray core version is 2.00.01
          Last edited by evanerichards; 30-01-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Blank camera rendering

blankcamera.zip

Ok. I found the original file. So here is the one that just renders blank. From either camera. Persp camera and camera1 both render nothing. If you turn off "physical camera" however it starts rendering again. Also note that when it renders super fast from either of those cameras it doesn't just seem to be an exposure issue as it doesn't render out a alpha channel either.

Comment

The problem in this situation is that Center Of Interest (COI) of your Camera is "0".
              Your VrayCamera can be fixed either by changing COF to be different from 0 , or by turning on Specify Focus in VrayCamera attributes.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X