Another physical camera problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another physical camera problem...

Can anyone answer me...why is it I can have two nearly identical scenes (I added on a tiny bit of geometry in the second that should not affect the lighting at all) with a physical camera in each one. Each physical camera has identical settings in every way and the light source is identical from one to the next. There is no GI used. And yet when the two scenes are rendered out there is a difference in lightness from one scene to the next of what looks to be almost a full stop of light. Why does it do this!? Are there automatic settings that are kicking in somehow that are overriding the settings I set up?

identical scenes means that they´ve the same scaling too?
    could it bee, that u´ve diff working units?
    the one in mm the other in cm or so?
    this makes a big diff in phys cam...

when u work with depth of field....
    could it be that in one scene the focus distance is lower than 10 or so?
    this dimms the result too - for me a bug...
    Vray 3.5, Win10
    www.3dcompani.com

Comment

There are many parameters that could affect the lighting in the scenes (as the ones mentioned from Komposer). You could send us the scenes to vray@chaosgroup.com so we could look at them and let you know what causes the difference.

Comment

Thanks Marti. I'll probably send you both of them because the render settings, light settings, and camera settings seem identical and yet one render is significantly darker than the other. Will post them soon.

Comment

Working...
        X