Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture baking, only edges are baked

Hello,

I'm trying to bake a camera projection with vray, but as you can see from the screenshot, it (mostly) bakes the edges of the object. I've tried both through "render->lighting/shading->bake with vray" and with the baking engine in the render settings, same result. The bake works with maya software, but I would prefer being able to use vray for this.

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	873857

Is it possible that you have several faces on your mesh that map to the same UVs (f.e. a front side and a back side)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No, the UV is fine and the geo is very simple as you see. And like I said, it worked with maya software baking. So, it is very wierd Btw, I'm using a surface shader, maybe I should try with native vray mtl?

edit: Ok, found the solution. Apperently GI have to be on. Bug or feature?
      Last edited by Ekenryd; 25-01-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

It depends on what you are baking... if you like you can send the scene to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com and we'll take a look.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Is it possible that your UVs run in a direction opposite to the normal surface (e.g. they were made with mirroring)?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Ok, stripped the scene and sent it to your mail, if you just open it and run vray bake now you should get the same problem. Then try turning on GI and it should work. And no mirroring, the geo is very basic, with a planar UV.

edit: oh, forgot to update the projection image path, just go to the image plane and update it.
            Last edited by Ekenryd; 27-01-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X